Sunday, May 07, 2006

I Would Walk 500 Miles






And I did. I probably walked close to 500 miles today, or at least it seemed that way. I decided to walk down to Lake Malaren today (Sweden's 3rd largest inland lake), and then I ended up getting lost a couple times after that, but eventually made it home without having to ask anyone. And I ran into some cool things on the way. The picture of the treehouse is a hotel room called Woodpecker Inn or something, and this crazy designer built it. He also built a hotel room under the water in the lake and apparently has designed a Swedish house for the moon that the Swedish space organization is considering. I had to buy some t-shirts (because my husband told me to pack some and I didn't listen but instead went with my mom's advice and left them at home...a lesson for next time) because of the unseasonably warm temperatures here. Today it was 70 degrees and is supposed to be around that for most of this week. I also bought one of the best candybars I've ever had, and some hazlenut ice cream I'm excited about munching on later. I found about four McDonalds, a Pizza Hut, and a sports bar called O'Leary's that had signs of American baseball teams in the windows. About halfway through my walk, I realized I was trekking around with camera in hand and a Crimson Tide shirt on...what a stupid American tourist I must've looked like. On the way home, I saw the only Corvette I've seen in Sweden drive down the road immediately followed by an old lemon-yellow 1950's Cadillac and then a red dune buggy. And then 8 million Volos. I tried to take some pictures of hot Swedish chicks for my guy friends (and, sadly, my husband), but they didn't really look like they'd appreciate a stranger snapping the camera in their face. Another day, perhaps.

No comments: