Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Fizzing Whizzbies

Friday night I went out with some girls to an Irish pub (where I had the biggest Hoegaarden I've ever had in my life) and then to the Skybar at the top of the only skyscraper in Vasteras. Great view, although it hardly justified the $10 for a small gin and tonic with LEMON instead of LIME. On Saturday I went to Stockholm with Eva, Mats, their daughter Cajsa, and her friend. We took them to the teddy bear factory (which, when spoken by a Swede in English, sounds a lot like "beer" factory). Then we walked around the old part of the town where the king's castle is. We went to the best market with tons of small counters with the best cheese, freshest meats, and hugest vegetables ever. I dream about living close to a place like that!! Stopped by the candy store on the way home and went crazy getting candies in little bags. Most of them were good, but every once in a while you bit into something that Fred and George Weasley must have come up with. Ugh. Getting homesick...I would LOVE a philly cheese steak right now. I have bought 3 different kinds of yogurt on 3 different trips to the grocery store, only to find that none of them were actually yogurt but were instead a drink, rice pudding, and a gelatin dessert, in that order. No more yogurt for me...I'll stick to my breakfast of orange juice and cookies. My mom was going to come over but the flights aren't working out, so I'm a little bummed, by Mark gets here in a little over a week! Can't wait!




No comments: