Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Getting there...this is a long one

so I’m sitting in the airport in france waiting for my plane to Stockholm that leaves in 2 hours, and I have some observations. First of all, I can handle being tired. But what I can’t handle is when I’m so tired that I get restless body syndrome. Sucks. And I still have 1 plane ride and 1 long bus ride to go. And then, I guess, a walk to my apartment. This is the most messed up airport…all circular and circles within circles. The weather is really pretty. OH, I forgot to tell about the bus ride here. So when we land, we have to get on this bus to take us to the main terminal because they are doing a butload of construction. So we taxi in the airplane all this way and then all pile into this bus (standing room only). The bus has all of its heaters on full-blast and the bus is already overfilled with people. Then we went through an obstacle course, I think. We would be riding along next to the runway and then duck to the right to go on the side of a divider, and then under something big and glass, and then around another building which looked like it got us back to where we started. Anyway, I thought I might die of being hot and motion sick, but we at last got to the main terminal. And then I just gave up trying to figure out where I was going on my own and started asking anybody who looked like they might try to help me even though I was only speaking English and nixed the French 101-trying to get information out of a French guy-bullcrap. So anyway, I’m still waiting now for my next flight. I miss Mark. We watched King Kong on the plane on the way here…does anyone know that he DIES at the end of the movie? Am I the only one who didn’t know that? Sucky movie, cute gorilla, sad ending. And then I got all teary and I couldn’t tell if it was because the bad guys shot Kong or I just left my husband a zillion miles away. I wonder why my body refuses to sleep on airplanes? Really an annoying trait. Maybe I should try hypnosis? I will say that the people here LOOK weird, and it SMELLS REALLY bad. I’m pretty sure I’m going to look like a big American ball of ugly by the time I meet the chick who is supposed to pick me up at the bus station. I hope she lets me take a nap when I get there. If you haven’t flown Delta in a while, let me tell you, there have been some changes, my friend. For instance, instead of serving your food on trays that are meant to look like nice plates, they serve your food in what can only be described as plastic troughs…kind of like bread pans. Instead of serving alcohol for free on international flights, they charge $5.00 PER DRINK. Instead of nice flight attendants, they just respond to your questions with “I don’t know.”But right now there is this little 2-year-old boy crying in the airport walking next to his parents, and his 4-year old sister is walking next to him, making a heart with her hands and trying to show it to him to make him feel better. It doesn’t make him feel better, but it makes me smile!! These Europeans sure love to wear cowboy boots…not the best look for them.

1 comment:

beans said...

charles de gaulle airport in paris is the worst piece of crap airport in the history of ever, and it's been under construction since it opened. what a crazy journey, but the apartment looks cool! i look forward to reading about your adventures, hopefully i will get around to posting some of mine soon. anyway, enjoy the swedes and go see their bikini team or just pick up the team and bring them here.