Friday, November 13, 2009

Garlic Overload

This week's new recipe: Pasta Primavera Alfredo and Garlic Bread
From: Kraft Food & Family
Result: There is a reason that pasta alfredo is good. And there is a reason that pasta alfredo-ish is not as good. This recipe was mostly light cream cheese and skim milk, rather than mostly cream and real cheese. As a side note, I don't remember ever eating so much garlic in a meal that the next morning, all I can taste in my mouth when I wake up is garlic, even after brushing my teeth twice and downing a bunch of water and iced tea. (But this was due mainly to my homemade garlic bread rather than the extra garlic I added to the recipe.) Anyway, decent pasta with good vegetables, but didn't quite live up to it's promising title. No thanks, Kraft.

No comments: