Saturday, November 21, 2009

Another Crock Pot Dish

This week's new recipe: Slow Cooked Tex-Mex Chicken & Beans
From: MarthaStewart.com
Result: Delish. I know I've said before how much I love crock pots, but I totally love crock pots. It deserves saying at least twice. And, a new fave...chipotle peppers in adobo sauce..sooooo good. Although the recipe called for chicken thighs, I don't cook with chicken thighs as a rule (bad experience in the past), so I made it with chicken breasts. And actually, used yellow onion and green pepper rather than red onion and red pepper. (Why are red/yellow peppers like twice the cost of green peppers anyway???) So it turned out like a thick stew of shredded chicken and pinto beans in a spicy sauce. Really good. And today we'll be eating the leftovers wrapped in tortillas while we watch Alabama win!

No comments: