Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Volume: 12


Lately I've been thinking about people's quirks, specifically those of my close friends and family...I think I have way more than people realize. Actually, I'm pretty sure that my friends could come up with a much worse list, but I'm giving it a go...

I have to keep my car radio volume level on an even number.

I can't stand for people to scrape their plates with their silverware, but I could listen to nails on a chalkboard all day with no effect.

I love the words: fantastic, shimmer, dessert, deep, grace

I hate the words: unpack, leakage, zeitgeist, parse, merge

I have to wear matching bras and panties every day as much as laundry allows, and I get a bonus if I can match them to my clothes.

When I make a to-do list and then I do something that isn’t on the list, I will often write it on the list anyway and immediately cross it off.

If I use the bathroom during a football game and my team has a bad play while I’m gone, I can’t use that bathroom again until after the game.

After I put chapstick on, I rub my lips together so often that the chapstick only lasts for like 30 minutes.

I refuse to eat brussel sprouts.

I have to sleep on my husband’s left side from now on because that’s the side I slept on when we were first married.

I have to do all my shower processes in the same order or I forget what I’ve washed and what I haven’t.

When my husband jumps on the couch with the dog and it moves a quarter of an inch, I freak out. How will I ever find the exact indentation in the carpet again, and what travesty will occur if I can't?

If I’m reading a good book, I have to cover up every word on the current page and the next page except for the sentence I am on, because I don’t want to accidentally read something that hasn’t happened yet.

I believe that if I wish upon a star, as long as I say in my head “Starlight, starbright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might, have this wish I wish tonight” first, my wish will eventually come true.

I have to have turkey at Thanksgiving.

I have to have ham at Easter.

Every morning I leave the house, I have to say to my dog, “OK, girl. I love you. See you this afternoon” and then make a kiss sound twice, or else I am sure that she will be upset and do something destructive while I’m gone, despite the fact that she hasn’t done anything bad in like 4 years. Probably because I’ve been saying my morning routine to her every day.

I worry about letting a car with a UT license plate out in front of me…does that mean that they will beat us because we’re suckers, or that we will beat them because we’re nicer?

I wonder what my dog’s voice sounds like inside her head. And oh yeah, I’m sure she has one.

So much more to come…

3 comments:

Cami said...

holy crap, you're a freak! i love it! matching bras & panties?!? i don't think i own any matching bras and panties. ok, here's my weirdest "thing" that i don't think anyone knows about and then a couple others....

anytime i pass a line or crack or gap, especially when i'm driving, i tap the roof of my mouth with the tip of my tongue or put my tongue on the roof of my mouth and drop the back of my tongue. For example when i'm driving, i will tap my tongue everytime i pass a gap in the curb like a driveway or a new street. Or when I am walking on a sidewalk, i will do it everytime i walk over a crack. i also never step on the crack. Sometimes driving i do the same thing but instead of tapping my tongue i tap my finger on the steering wheel. it's so weird and i can't stop doing it.

i also think odd numbers are pure evil and when i imagine them in my head they have pointed teeth and mean eyebrows are usually trying to attack an even number.

the calendar in my head is shaped like an upside down horseshoe so whenever i am thinking of dates or months, i am at a different point on the horseshoe. the gap in the top of the horseshoe are the days between 12/25 and 1/1.

and, as i blogged about once, i have a huge fear of revolving doors.

kevdelk said...

Since we're all being so candid, here's one of mine.

When I'm finished with my shower and I turn it off. The remaining water in the pipes rushes from the shower head to the tub faucet. While this water is releasing I am convinced that if I touch both of my feet to it (before it finishes) I will have good luck for the day. If I don't, planes will fall from the sky and children will get separated from their parents in the grocery store.

There, the secret is out and I'm a little ashamed...

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.